Mastermind groups benefit their members the most when those people in it join their minds together and deliberately help one another to achieve their particular goals. Each one in the group recognizes that without the others, their chances of business success will be seriously diminished. This article discusses five ways that will help you to get the most out of the Mastermind group you join.They depend on each other.
But, that seems to be a somewhat passive approach. It’s possible that you could join a group, participate in the discussions, and help others without deliberately contributing to the success of the venture. You could do all that was expected of you to help others, without actively seeking the benefits that were available to you. Although this approach may seem selfless to you, in the long run, you’re in danger of losing interest in it because you’re not gaining anything from it.
So, how can you obtain the most benefit from a Mastermind group?
1. Attend all the meetings, whether at a physical address or virtually. Make sure that your fresh, fed, and watered; and do whatever you have to do beforehand to have a positive mental attitude. You can’t help to create the Mastermind if your mind is not full engaged in the discussion with everyone else or you’re drowning in negative thoughts..
2. Make sure that you’re present for the entire meeting. If you’re going to be a member, commit to so fully. Don’t show up late or leave early. It’s not fair to you and, just as importantly, it’s unfair to the rest of those in the group. Those who refuse to be all the way in, should be all the way out.
3. Limit your group size to no more than six. This will encourage everyone to speak and afford sufficient time so that they can. The risk of groups larger than this is that they will begin to fragment into smaller groups. The benefit comes from everyone participating in the same one.
4. Meet weekly on the same day, at the same time, and in the same place. If there’s constant change, then people will forget when they are. You’ll probably be tempted at some point to move the days or the times around in order to accommodate the schedules of others. This is a mistake because it enables more and more of your ordinary work or life to intrude on the most important meeting all week.
5. Respect the value of everyone’s time. Two to three hours is optimal. Less than that, and the extra mind doesn’t really get a chance to form; more than that, and meetings can become stale.
By the way, if you’d like more information, then you might like to get my free eBook on How to BE an Entrepreneur.